Use this space to put some text. Update this text in HTML

468x60 banner ad

Blog Archive

Copyright 2016 @ Breaking News. Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

for advert placement call 08024760741 and send an email to lekanbabarinde@gmail.com

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Miss World 2014 LIVE Updates: And the Winner is…Miss South Africa!!

Miss-World-2014-Winner-Miss-South-Africa-December-2014-BellaNaija001Miss-World-2014-Winner-Miss-South-Africa-December-2014-BellaNaija002


 Miss World 2014 is Miss South Africa Rolene Strauss- Miss Hungary Edina Kulcsar was named runner-up, while Miss United StatesElizabeth Safrit came third in the contest.
– Top five semi-finalists are announced and they are from (in no order) Hungary, Australia, United States, South Africa and England.Miss Thailand won the People’s Choice AwardTop 10 semi-finalists announced and they are (in order) Australia (10), Mexico (9), United States (8), Kenya (7), Hungary (6), Brazil (5), Guyana (4), England (3), South Africa (2) and India (1).

Friday, December 12, 2014

PDP Governorship primaries: Obanikoro heads to court to seek redress












Obasanjo's book sells out, SSS block importation of more copies

  An associate to the former President who spoke with Sahara Reporters, said Obasanjo has exhausted the first copies of the book. “Baba sold all the copies that were brought in,” the associate said

The book sold out despite a high court injunction to stop it from circulating. A judge had ordered that copies of the book be confiscated by the police and the DSS after Obasanjo went ahead to launch it despite a court order not to do so...
The associate of the former President who spoke to SR said SSS have stopped the importation of more copies of the book. “The SSS people have told us that they won’t allow more copies of the book into the country,”

The three volume book among many things, critiqued the leadership style of President Jonathan as well as his former VP Atiku Abubakar, Late President Yar'Adua as well former Governors Ibori, Tinubu and Saraki.


NFL player Laveranues Coles wants his $240k engagement ring back


         According toTMZ reports,
Coles, who played for the Jets, Redskins and Bengals -- was engaged to Kenda Fairchild ... and proposed by back in February with a 5.6 karat diamond ring valued at $240k. 
But according to the Washington Post, the couple split just a few months later when she ditched Coles for another dude.
But apparently, Fairchild kept the ring after they break up ... and now Coles is suing in Virginia to get it back.  Coles argues that the ring is a "conditional" gift which only becomes hers if she walks down the aisle. 
Fairchild believes the ring became her property the minute he handed it over -- and says the conditional argument is B.S. 
Here's the rub ... there have been conflicting rulings on similar cases in Virginia courts in the past --and Coles' case could become the one that sets the precedent for all engagement ring disputes moving forward. 
The case is moving forward to trial. Stay tuned. We reached out to Coles to comment -- so far, no word back.



Di Maria to miss Liverpool clash with hamstring injury

Di Maria to miss Liverpool clash with hamstring injury
Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has ruled Angel Di Maria out of the clash with Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Di Maria has not featured for United since limping off in the 14th minute of last month's 3-0 victory over Hull City at Old Trafford with a hamstring injury and is not yet ready to return.

Van Gaal will also be without centre-back Chris Smalling, who will be missing for a further two weeks with a groin problem that forced him off 18 minutes into Monday's 2-1 win over Southampton at St Mary's.

But, overall, the United manager is optimistic that the injury crisis that has plagued his start to life at Old Trafford is finally beginning to ease. 

Meet the 10 year old boy who beat a 90 year old woman to death


How do you, at just 10 years old, beat someone until they die? At 10? That's exactly what Tristen Kurilla from Pennsylvania, (pictured above) did. He beat a 90 year old woman until she died.

He is currently being held in the adult jail as he awaits trial. He is the youngest person ever to face a murder charge in Pennsylvania.

Here's what he did. Tristen was visiting his grandfather in October this year. According to what he later told police, he entered the room of 90 year old Helen Novak who lived with his grand dad on Oct 11 to ask her a question. He said Helen screamed at him and told him to leave her room. He said he lost his temper, picked the woman's wooden cane and attacked the woman who sitting in her bed.

NEMA confirms 25 deaths in Jos explosions, residents say 31

FILE PHOTO: Scene of a bombing in Abuja that left several people dead and others wounded
The National Emergency Management Agency [NEMA] has said 25 persons were  killed in the twin bomb explosions that rocked Jos, the Plateau State capital, on Thursday evening.
But the spokesperson of the Special Task Force on Jos crisis [STF], Ikedichi Iweha, claimed 16 persons died in the incident.
However, a resident of the area told the BBC Hausa service on Thursday evening that shortly after the incident, he counted 31 bodies – 11 in one location, and 20 in another. 
Other witnesses told PREMIUM TIMES the death toll might rise as some of those injured suffered “serious and critical injuries”.
The STF spokesperson however said a detachment of security operatives have taken over the scene of the incident.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Court orders police, DSS to seize Obasanjo’s book

Olusegun Obasanjo
A Federal Capital Territory High Court judge, Justice Valentine Ashi, on Wednesday ordered security agents, including the police and operatives of the Department of State Service, to confiscate the latest book of ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, My Watch.

The judge of the FCT Wuse Zone II court said the publication of the book, which was presented to the public on Tuesday in Lagos, contravened the order of the court restraining the publication.
Justice Ashi also gave Obasanjo 21 days within which to explain why he should not be punished for flouting the court order.
He ordered that the enrolled orders of the court be served on all media houses in the country and be equally served on the defendant by publication in two national daily newspapers.
The judge held, “I hold the defendant not only in contempt of the court, but to show cause why he should not be punished for contempt and ordered to undo what he has wrongly done.
“The defendant, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, shall be given 21 days, from the day this order is served on him, to show cause, via affidavit, why he should not be punished for contempt committed by publishing and distributing for sale to the public, the book, My Watch, in plain disregard of the pendency of substantive suit and the order of this court made on December 5, 2014 restraining him from doing so

Buhari Appeals To APC Presidential Primary Delegates: All I Can Offer Is My All, Not Money


Frontiline All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, today appealed to the sense of patriotism of delegates to the party convention in Lagos, which will determine the choice of flagbearer at next February’s election. 
He told them in a letter he had no money with which to motivate them, and even if he had, would not give them because the fate of Nigeria is not up for sale.
“I can’t give you a pocketful of dollars or naira to purchase your support,” he stated.
“I seek to be the next president of our beloved nation because I believe I have something to offer Nigeria at this time of multiple crises. Insecurity, corruption, and economic collapse have brought the nation low. Time is past due that we work together to lift Nigeria up. I am ready to lead Nigeria to its rightful future.”

Saturday, December 6, 2014

British-born U.S. photojournalist and South African aid worker executed by Al Qaeda


banner
A British-born U.S. photojournalist and a South African aid worker held hostage in Yemen by al Qaeda were 'murdered' in a failed rescue attempt.
American citizen Luke Somers had been held hostage since September 2013 in Yemen's capital Sana'a having moved to the country two years earlier.
The 33-year-old was reportedly shot by his captors as US commandos carried out a dramatic rescue bid in the southern Shabwa province late on Friday night - the second attempted extraction by special forces in as many months.
Another hostage, South African aid worker Pierre Korkie, was also killed during the operation - a day before he was due to be released.
Outgoing U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel confirmed his death this morning during a trip to Afghanistan.
During a press conference he announced that 1,000 more US troops than expected will be stationed in the country next year following a spike in Taliban attacks. 
Mr Somers was badly wounded when commandos found him and he died from his injuries by the time he had been flown to a naval ship. 

Boko Haram Will Never Stop If Jonathan Re-Emerges President—Governor Okorocha

Mr. Okorocha made the declaration in Akure, the Ondo State capital, during a visit to the state’s secretariat of the APC with his team to woo delegates to back him for the party’s presidential ticket.The party has scheduled its presidential primaries for December 10 in Lagos.Mr. Okorocha said President Goodluck Jonathan had proved incapable of handling the Boko Haram insurgency, adding that the Islamist group’s threat was becoming worse than the Nigerian civil war. He accused officials of the Jonathan administration of using the anti-insurgency campaign as a “commercial business like buying and selling.” He said the officials benefiting did not want the insurgency to stop because they were making money through the supplies of arms and other gadgets.

The governor maintained that it would be difficult for the present administration to fight if its still holdup to power in 2015 stressing that some people have already been making millions out of the opportunity created by the PDP led administration.

Aliko Dangote Named Forbes Africa Person of the Year 2014

Aliko Dangote - Bloomberg Billionaires  Index - January 2014 - BellaNaija

Aliko Dangote, Nigerian billionaire has been named Forbes Africa Person of the Year 2014.The announcement was made at the unveiling ceremony,  in Kenya’s capital city Nairobi, CNBC Africa reports.Speaking on the award, a panel of judges at the event said:

“Aliko Dangote is a lion of Africa in terms of business. He is second to none when it comes to investing in Africa, not just Nigeria. He is also a capitalist with a big heart. He puts his money where his mouth is and his foundation is a step forward for a man who wants to make a difference on the continent.”



Thursday, December 4, 2014

See the most popular instagram photo of 2014


Instagram revealed today that the most liked photo on the social media app is this pic from Kim and Kanye's wedding with a staggering 2.4m likes. It's not just the most liked of 2014, it's the most liked pic on instagram's four-year history