Skip to main content

PDP condemns Buhari's refusal to participate in Channels TV presidential debate

The PDP presidential campaign group has condemned Gen. Buhari for refusing to participate in yet another presidential debate, this one organized by Channels TV in conjunction with ARISE TV and NPAN. A statement was signed by the party's presidential campaign spokesman, Femi Fani Kayode 
"We have been informed that General Buhari and the APC have decided not to participate in the NPAN-Channel Television-organised debate after they had earlier agreed to take part in it. We had thought that having withdrawn from participating in the debate organised by Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON), they would have availed themselves this second platform. Now that they have also turned their back on this, it is now very clear that General Buhari is incapable of engaging in rigorous live television debates on the issues of governance.
It speaks about his intellectual laziness and his loss of touch with contemporary issues of development and statecraft. We would like to reiterate that the APC has something to shield about General Buhari. He has campaigned in some states of the federation attacking President Jonathan’s handling of insurgency, corruption and economy. Now there is a platform on which both candidates can engage each other on these issues and he (Buhari) is running away. It is a disgrace to the APC and their candidate that they would treat everybody with contempt. 
The organisers of the debates are interested in promoting a robust culture of debates so that people can listen to the candidates and make informed choices on the basis of their arguments. We call on Nigerians to express their displeasure with General Buhari and the APC by rejecting them at the poll. This will be a just recompense for treating the Nigerian people and electorate with disdain”
by linda ikeji

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rich Kids of Russia: Instagram mocks the children of oligarchs photographed posing beside luxury golden cars, mansions and private jets

An anonymous Instagram account revealing the lifestyles of the rich children of Russian oligarchs has become an internet sensation. The biography of the anonymous profile says it is dedicated to documenting the lives of the kids from Russia growing up in luxury.  The account specializes in collecting photos of rich Russian kids that they post online themselves, with everything from luxury cars through to selfies with expensive cars, boats or famous people.

Britain sends envoy to Zimbabwe ahead of inauguration

Britain’s Africa minister Rory Stewart arrived in Zimbabwe on Thursday for wide-ranging talks, ahead of the inauguration of a new president following Robert Mugabe’s dramatic departure.

Stewart is due to meet political and business leaders, as well as human rights groups and NGOs, the UK foreign ministry said in a statement.

His arrival in the capital Harare comes just days after Mugabe’s resignation on Tuesday, ending his 37-year rule as MPs gathered in parliament to impeach their 93-year-old leader. Stewart described the historic change as “an absolutely critical moment” following 

Anambra election: Non voters refused access to Onitsha-Enugu expressway, others

One of the military personnel told NAN under anonymity that only accredited vehicles were allowed to pass through the road block.

In Ifte-Awka, Okpuno, Amawbia, Nibo and Umudioka, all in Awka South Local Government, security personnel were seen at all the major junctions and polling units.

At Aroma Junction in Awka, INEC presiding officer, Mr. Joshua Ejimbi, told NAN that he was happy with the level of security at the centre.

A local observer from the Centre for Citizens with Disability, Mr. David Anyamele, also corroborated the position of Ejimbi on security and applauded various security organisations for massive deployment of their personnel for the election.